top of page


  • What are your hours of operation?
    Hours vary depending on the program and service. Day Services are from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Individualized services can and do operate evenings, weekends, and, in some cases, 24 hours a day.
  • What are the eligibility criteria?
  • How do I apply for services?
    Contact the State Social Worker at the Olean Center; contact Napatree Vocational Services if you are in school; and contact Children's Services (HBTS / PASS) if you are between the ages of 3 and 21 and in need of home-based clinical services. Contact Us
  • What towns do you serve?
    The majority of clients we serve are residents of Westerly, Charlestown, Hopkinton, and Richmond, Rhode Island as well as southeastern Connecticut. Children’s Services are provided to children and their families throughout Rhode Island—in 16 communities!
  • Is transportation provided?
    Yes. With a few exceptions, door-to-door transportation is provided by the Olean Center.
  • What type of organization is the Olean Center?
    The Frank Olean Center, Inc. is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 charitable organization.
  • Do people live at the Airport Road site?
    No - this is a Day Service hub and office building. The organization does have a residential program, however.
  • Can I design my own service plan?
    Yes. You and your family’s input into the individual design and implementation of your plan is essential. A team of professionals at the Olean Center is here to assist you with this process.
  • Will I have a Social Worker?
    If you are approved for state DD funding, you will be assigned a State Social Worker in this area; most likely, it will be the person assigned to the Olean Center.
  • Do I pay for services?
    Currently, there are no charges or fees if you are funded by BHDDH (Behavioral Health Care and Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals.)
  • Is the Olean Center involved in Special Olympics?
    Yes! In fact, we have a fabulous team called "Raiders of the Arc" who participate in Regional and Summer Games!
  • What if I just want to speak with another parent?
    Simply call us at 401-596-2091, and we will connect you to parents and other families who could be helpful. Contact Us
  • Do you have a Human Rights Committee?
    Yes, the Olean Center has a Human Rights Committee. This committee is made up of community volunteers, a participant, and staff. They meet once a month at the Olean Center. If you are interested in joining our Human Rights Committee please feel free to call the Olean Center at (401) 596 - 2091, and your request will be forwarded to the HRC Chairperson.
  • Is there a Self Advocacy mechanism through the Olean Center?
    Yes. The Ocean State Advocates meet regularly to discuss issues pertinent to people with disabilities.
  • What if I want to work in the community?
    Work is available for those who qualify. Many people with disabilities have secured employment in the community. Please see our
  • What is your total budget?
    The budget for the Rhode Island programs totals $3.3 million.
  • I’d like to make a donation; what do I do?
    You can make a tax-deductible, charitable donation any time by clicking on the DONATE button. You can also make a check payable to the Olean Center and mail to Frank Olean Center, Inc., 93 Airport Road, Westerly RI 02891. You will receive a letter of receipt. For questions, contact us.
  • How can I become active in the organization?
    Contact Tony Vellucci, Executive Director, by calling (401) 315-0143 x108 or by sending an email to A meeting will be scheduled with the appropriate people. Get Involved
  • What if I or my family member has a problem? Is the Director available?
    All our staff and board members are available to assist you in any way they can. Feel free to contact them. Please see our Contact Information page for a list of key staff members. Please see our Contact Information page for a list of key staff members.
Laura and her puppy
martin chan.jpg
bottom of page